Thursday 17 November 2016

W.A.L.T: I can describe the characteristics of music in songs from the past and present and from different genres.



I can describe the characteristics of music in songs from the past and present and from different genres.


Over the past 9 weeks I have been learning to describe the characteristics of music from songs of various times and genres.


I can name and define these characteristics of music… (list them below and explain what they are)


1. form: The term form is the overall structure or plan of a piece of music, and it describes the layout of a composition as divided into sections.

2. melody: a sequence of single notes that is musically satisfying; a tune.

3. harmony: the combination of simultaneously sounded musical notes to produce a pleasing effect

4. timbre: the character or quality of a musical sound or voice as distinct from its pitch and intensity.

5. rhythm: regular repeated pattern of movement or sound in a song.


What did you find most interesting during this topic.
I found.......interesting because........


Which characteristic do you find yourself picking up on when listening to your own music now?
When I listen to my own music I often hear lots of rhythm



No comments:

Post a Comment