I can describe the characteristics of music in songs from the past and present and from different genres.
Over the past 9 weeks I have been learning to describe the characteristics of music from songs of various times and genres.
I can name and define these characteristics of music… (list them below and explain what they are)
1. form: The term form is the overall structure or plan of a piece of music, and it describes the layout of a composition as divided into sections.
2. melody: a sequence of single notes that is musically satisfying; a tune.
3. harmony: the combination of simultaneously sounded musical notes to produce a pleasing effect
4. timbre: the character or quality of a musical sound or voice as distinct from its pitch and intensity.
5. rhythm: regular repeated pattern of movement or sound in a song.
What did you find most interesting during this topic.
I found.......interesting because........
Which characteristic do you find yourself picking up on when listening to your own music now?
When I listen to my own music I often hear lots of rhythm